Passport applications can be filled out on-line at the Department of State Passport Page . Applications can also be obtained at the Owyhee County Courthouse in Murphy, located at 20381 State Highway 78.

Call 495-2806 before you come in to make sure the acceptance agent is in and available to help you.

When you are ready to apply for your passport, you need to bring with you the following:
  • A completed passport application
  • One recent passport photo
  • An original birth certificate or naturalization papers (To be acceptable, these papers must have a raised or purple seal)
  • Check made payable to the U.S. Department of State in the amount of $110.00 for 16 and older or in the amount of $80.00 for under 16
  • Cash, check or money order in the amount of $25.00 payable to the Owyhee County Court
  • Your driver's license for verification purposes
All fees are non-refundable and the timeframe for receiving your passport is approximately four to six weeks, but is subject to change.

We do have an Expedited Service for an additional cost of $60.00. Expedited requests will be processed in three workdays from receipt at a Passport Agency, usually providing you with your passport in about two to three weeks. Expedite fee does not include overnight delivery. Customer must arrange for overnight delivery to ensure receipt within three weeks and pay the additional $12.72 if you want return overnight mail.

You may be able to renew your passport by mail. Applications are also available at the Owyhee County Courthouse in Murphy. You may qualify to use this form if:

  1. The issue date of your last passport was less than 15 years ago
  2. You were 16 or older when it was issued
  3. Your name is the same or you can submit name-change documentation (marriage certificate or court order)
  4. You can submit this passport and it is undamaged.
Under age 16 years. Effective February 1, 2008, Public Law 106-113 requires both parents' or legal guardian(s)'s signatures on a passport application and be present at the time of application along with the child, or documentation of the absence of the second parent.

Age 16 through 17 years. For passport purposes, all children must appear at the time of application and any child who is 16-17 years of age must also sign their passport application and show proof of identiy at that time.

If international departure is less than two weeks, or passport is needed for foreign visas, application to a Regional Passport Agency may be advised. Appointment required.

Visit U.S Department of State for more information. Should you require any additional general information, you may contact Lena at the Owyhee County Courthouse in Murphy at 495-2806.